Rome on September 2, from 3pm to 7pm, in the John Paul II hall of the Pontifical Urban University, Via Urbano VIII, 16.
Participants will be greeted and addressed by:
1. Sr Mary Prema, superior general of the Missionaries of Charity
2. Fr. Brian Kolodiejchuk, postulator of the Mother’s cause
3. Card. Oswald Gracias, Archbishop of Mumbai
4. Card. Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Propagation of the Faith
5. Fr. John A. Worthley, on Mother Teresa’s influence in China
6. A witness Mother Teresa’s influence in the Islamic world.
7. Fr. Ferruccio Brambillasca, Superior General of PIME
Pope Francis will canonize Mother Teresa of Calcutta September 4, next.
The religious sister who gave her life for “the poorest of the poor”, was defined by John Paul II “the icon of mission in the twenty-first century.” Pope Francis has often singled her out as an example of the corporal and spiritual works of mercy, so important in the celebration of the current Jubilee. Mother Teresa is also the patron saint of AsiaNews.